Home family Red rock & pine trees.

Red rock & pine trees.

April 8, 2013
This weekend is one I look forward to all year. I get to watch General Conference and hear the words of our inspired church leaders. I love them so much! It never fails to be exactly, exactly, what I need to hear. Funny how that works, eh?
This weekend, I enjoyed a lovely little getaway with the family.
In a phrase? Much-needed.

They are the most hilarious, compassionate, and best people I know.
Our weekend included family truth or dare (during which I was the ONLY one to choose dare… and had to lick handfuls of pepper as punishment), lots of good books (I think we’re single-handedly keeping Barnes and Noble in business lately, and I’m not mad about it), wandering through the red rock, late-night projects, and some awesome reconnecting with my sweet family.
Sometimes it’s so good to touch base.
To laugh over jokes you made across the room with only your eyes.
To cry in a place where no one thinks less of you.
To make big decisions and be backed by an entire group of people.
To eat yummy food and to adventure.
To just be.
And yes. It’s finally eagle-shirt weather. It’s rearing it’s tacky head again. Animal shirts will never cease to amuse me. Forever live Wildlife Wednesday, the most important lesson I learned back in high school, and the best wardrobe tradition ever to be.
Our little house in Southern Utah is my favorite place to visit. And I will miss it when I move to Minnesota. But most of all, I think I’ll miss these beautiful people.

You may also like

9 comments

Eric April 8, 2013 at 3:09 am

Red Canyon? Mountain biking there has been on my short list for some time.

Catherine April 8, 2013 at 5:34 am

Wildlife Wednesday? Dying over here. My little bro has the best shirt from my grandparents….right up the Eagle shirt's alley…tannish orange with the heads of an eagle, a cougar, and an elk–Mount Rushmore style–on the front. I die everytime he wears it. I'm so glad you could spend time with your family and enjoy the beauties of Utah. We live in a pretty great state. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, as usual. You're amazing. I think you're the bees knees.

Tori B April 8, 2013 at 6:02 am

well, not your whole family… (feeling a little excluded here. especially because you cut my head off my head in the only picture of me in your post about childhood a few weeks ago. just saying.)

Shelby April 8, 2013 at 6:03 am

Come to me and quit living in California. Or finance my travel… and then posts about you will aBOUND.

I … wuv… you.

Leanne Van Breda April 8, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Nature walks are my absolute favourite thing to do. Definitely something I don't take for granted being a city girl and all.

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. You're the sweetest! Come back soon.

Love from South Africa

Arum Lilea

Kailee April 8, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I loooove family weekends, your shirt is awesome, and that canyon looks gorgeous. I'm gonna have to go take a hike there sometime! 🙂 And in all seriousness, isn't it awesome how God gives us exactly what we need like ALL the time? Our families are exactly who we to get us through this crazy life and every day he gives us words of comfort, someone to help, someone to help us, little things that make us happy, etc. So so great.

ceebee April 10, 2013 at 3:07 am

This looks like such an amazing place! Around st George area I assume??

Emily Beth April 18, 2013 at 12:54 pm

WOW, that's some beautiful scenery. Wasn't GC wonderful? Sigh, I already can't wait for October.

Rachel Nell April 29, 2013 at 4:13 am

I love the last picture where you can see your dad's arm around your mom. I love those tender moments when you can just see how much your parents love each other. I just love the Ballif family. Oh man.