Home joy AND THE VERDICT IS:

AND THE VERDICT IS:

February 7, 2013
Dear Sister Ballif:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission.
Minnesota was so unexpected… and it’s so right for me.
I could not be more stoked!
Also, after some extensive Googling, it appears I will be joining the magical land of cabins, lakes, flannel, historical buildings, Paul Bunyan folklore, stunning scenery, vintage Americano lovin’, no cell phone service, and guess what? Alllll kinds of immigrants from Southeast Asia, called the Hmong.
My mission extends up into Canada, and branches over into Wisconsin.
I get to pack thermal underwear and I’m already doing all kinds of perfecting on the accent, doon-cha knowwww. Imagine the dance party possibilities with hymns in hand and thermal underwear about my bod.
BUT HI MY MISSION HAS A SPOON BRIDGE THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Hahahaha, I LOVE spooning. Minnesota and I have sooooo much in common.
I have NEVER been happier. I leave May 15. I am so eager to help and love people, in any way they need. I know anything I am able to do will be because of Him, and not because of me. I am just so lucky to be a part of it. Let’s do this thing! Youuuu betcha. (I already speak fluuuuent Minnesotian. THANKS.)

You may also like

8 comments

Catherine February 7, 2013 at 8:13 am

GURL, two of my very best guy friends served there and LOVED it!!! Had a few months in Wisconsin, neither of them made it to Canada, and they both served with the YSA. One of my neighbors have a son and daughter in law + family that live in that mission and they love to feed missionaries. šŸ˜‰ Oh my goodness!! It makes me cry…I am so excited for you!!! You are going to be one incredible missionary!!

Gina Anderson February 7, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Shelby! I'm so excited for you. The weird thing is that Greg guessed it. You will be a wonderful missionary and help teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. What could be better? One thing we learned visiting Kelsi in Wisconsin is that a bag is pronounced with a long a – "bage". That should come in useful! Congratulations

McCall Simmons February 7, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Oh, I love this. I am so very happy for you and Minnesota IS your place. I know you're gonna love it. I mean. Flannel. And a spoon bridge. And art. And Chinese. Obviously, God knows. And He knows that there are people there that YOU, Sister Ballif, needs to reach. Gadsasdaa, I'm just happy for you. (:

Shelby February 9, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Shut your MOUTH. We are so in online-love. I love everything about this comment!! Thank you so much, Catherine. šŸ™‚ You beautiful soul, you.

Shelby February 9, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Thank you so much!!! I am so excited. šŸ™‚

Tell Marissa for me! And I'll write her soon.

Hahahaha. I love that you guys guessed. It's because I do the dang voice all the time! Hilarious. "Woooood you like me to put it in a bage for yoooo?"

Shelby February 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Best friend. Bootylicious. Boo….ylicious. Hi. Shawty. WE ARE BOTH STATESIDE SISTERS AND I COULDN'T BE MORE THRILLED.

The Lord just knows what's up. I love you. Thank you so much. šŸ™‚

Amber February 10, 2013 at 6:26 am

Ben says you are going to be a great missionary.

dardame February 13, 2013 at 5:43 pm

thanks for the blog follow and the sweet comment! congrats on your mission call šŸ™‚ you'll be prepared for the cold!